Sydney Story Factory
When we began this blogfest we said we wanted to hear stories. This May post is about a story. It is also about how a story draws out many more stories from a lot of people.
It is about unlocking the stories they have within.
In the meantime, here’s a bit from their website:
At the Sydney Story Factory we believe that all Australian young people, no matter their background, should be given opportunities to develop the communication skills and flexibility of thinking that will allow them to live their lives to their full potential and flourish in a rapidly changing world.
Our priority is marginalised young people – those most at risk of losing confidence in their writing and switching off at school. We light the spark of creativity and help them find their voice.
Programs are for young people aged 7 to 17, in primary and high school, and are designed by creative writing and literacy experts to:
- improve young people’s written and oral communication skills;
- enhance self-confidence and self-efficacy;
- nurture creativity and empathy; and
- deepen engagement with learning.
All of our lives are story factories. The Sydney Story Factory is a very special one. I wish we had a story factory in the towns I lived in as a child.
We all love to hear stories
To hear them all the time;
About the drearies and the glories,
The downtime and the prime.
I love to hear a tale,
And see others give their spiel;
Even if their voice is frail,
I know we’ll get the feel.
A feel for what is rising,
of creativity deep within;
Whether great or small by sizing,
We welcome stories in!
A larger story goes on….
The last Friday of every month bloggers will share their stories led by co-hosts. This month’s co-hosts are Peter Nena, Eric Lahti, Inderpreet Kaur Uppal , Roshan Radhakrishnan , Emerald Barnes and Lynn Hallbrooks
Please SIGN UP for WE ARE THE WORLD BLOGFEST in the linky list below:
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
- Keep your post to below 500 words, as much as possible.
- All we ask is you link to a human news story on your blog on the last Friday of each month, one that shows love, humanity, and brotherhood. Something like this news, about a man who only fosters terminally ill children.
- Join us on the last Friday of each month in sharing news that warms the cockles of our heart. No story is too big or small, as long as it goes beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
- Place the WE ARE THE WORLD Badge on your sidebar, and help us spread the word on social media. Tweets, Facebook shares, G+ shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month most welcome. More Blogfest signups mean more friends, love and light for all of us.
- We’ll read and comment on each others’ posts, get to know each other better, and hopefully, make or renew some friendships with everyone who signs on as participants in the coming months.
- To signup, add your link in WE ARE THE WORLD Linky List here.
Can you help us on a team of Co-hosts? Contact Damyanti on atozstories at gmail dot com.