Life Unfolds in Paradoxical Ways
Our life unfolds
In a paradoxical way,
Of light and shadow,
Of night and day,
Of invigorating acts,
Or a drudgery fray.
At times, we are glad,
At others, become sad.
Some days we feel lucid,
And others, going mad,
But the colours and shades,
And rhythms of days,
Are formative of us
In so many ways.
As we learn patience,
And some self-control,
We discover what gives life,
What exacts a toll.
We look on our lives
As admixture of things,
When our voice seems so flat,
When, on occasions, it sings.
I embrace now my life,
In its paradoxical way,
With light following night,
And shade following day.
Simon C.J. Falk 20 June 2017
Looking for some stories of hope!
Please SIGN UP for WE ARE THE WORLD BLOGFEST in the linky list below:
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
- Keep your post to below 500 words, as much as possible.
- All we ask is you link to a human news story on your blog on the last Friday of each month, one that shows love, humanity, and brotherhood. Something like this news, about a man who only fosters terminally ill children.
- Join us on the last Friday of each month in sharing news that warms the cockles of our heart. No story is too big or small, as long as it goes beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
- Place the WE ARE THE WORLD Badge on your sidebar, and help us spread the word on social media. Tweets, Facebook shares, G+ shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month most welcome. More Blogfest signups mean more friends, love and light for all of us.
- We’ll read and comment on each others’ posts, get to know each other better, and hopefully, make or renew some friendships with everyone who signs on as participants in the coming months.
- To signup, add your link in WE ARE THE WORLD Linky List below.
8 thoughts on “Life Unfolds in Paradoxical Ways”
Beautifully penned. Life teaches us so much each moment. These ups and downs are what make it fun and livable or else it would become a drag.
Thanks, Pradita. I was playing a bit too. But it was a lovely sunny afternoon and that scene got me thinking about life.
You’re welcome. Inspiration can come to us in a zillion ways, eh? 😉
Lovely Simon, thank you …
Thought-provoking imagery. Thanks for sharing.
Oh yes, such is life. It is these paradoxes of life that teach us valuable life lessons and make us grow. A beautiful expression, Simon!
Thanks, Shilpa. All true. It came from a good place as I’d had a lovely walk in the sunshine when the poem started to stir within.